Hi. I have no moons on my finger nails. A friend told me that her sister had no white moons on her nails and there is nothing wrong with her? Would like to know from somebody with experience should I be worried? Is it dangerous not to have moons?

Hi. It`s not dangerous not to have nail half moons, so called lunule. But if you once had them, and the have disappeared, it could be a sign of something. How old are you? Moons disappear as you get older. I have never had moons and still healthy. However, know that “no moons” sign can indicate underactive thyroid (overly large moons indicate overactive thyroid). Also, blue moons are saying that you might have a heart or respiratory disorder, or even lupus.

even i dont have moons and i am a hypothyroid may be this is the reason why i dont have moons!!

I am hypothyroid and have no moons on my fingernails, but have large moons on my thumbnails? My thumbnails are also flat, but my fingernails are rounded and normal.

I had noticed that my lunule on all my fingers except for my thumbs has left as I have gotten older. I think I noticed origanially when I first was diagnosed with PCOS and Hypo thyroidism. I was concerned...Thank you all for your writings.