I had my IUD inserted after my first born. I loved the IUD very light periods but painful sex. After three years  I did have it removed since i was getting married in five months and wanted a baby again. After our wedding day sep3rd 2011 we started trying. Still not pg but every test I take some are neg and some have a little light light line to make it positive i dunno if this is me just wanting to see the positive?? Am I not able to see due to the chemicals that were released when having the IUD?!?! I know its Gods will once I am pg but we are very concerned if the IUD is causing this.

Hi Newlywedd and congratulations!

How long has the IUD been out, 6 months?

The home tests do not respond to the IUD chemicals. Home tests look for a specific hormone, hCG, made by the developing fetus. If hCG is present in sufficient quantities, the test will read positive.

Not all tests are as sensitive as another. There is a variation between brands.

It is also important to follow the directions carefully. Read the test when it says to.

Also, testing before your period is due will likely result in a negative reading. The hormone increases rapidly but it still takes time to overcome the threshold at which the tests respond.

Use your first morning urine, it is more concentrated so more likely to provide an earlier positive. It's not quantity you want, it's the concentration.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

I just checked and my IUD was taken out on July 1st. We paused having sex till our wedding Day just incase we ended up pg. We started trying Sep 4th. I'm just concerned since we are wanting a baby and nothing has happend yet.

It's been just over a month? Fertility issues aren't even considered until a year of trying, without success. It is not a given that you will get pregnant just by having sex. Even in the best of cases, the odds are only about 1 in 5.

When do you ovulate? Focus on between about 5 days before until 2 days after that date. Why? Sperm can survive up to about 5 days. Your egg is only viable about 48 hours after ovulation.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but relax. It's way to early to get nervous or think anything is wrong.

Good luck and it will happen. Just give it time.