I am a 70 year old male -- non smoker -- no drugs -- 6 ft. 190 lbs -- "good health" ????????????????????????

It all started 2 months ago with a "tickle" in my throat --- and a mild flu --
Perhaps it was my excessive coughing to "eliminate " this tickle but soon I started to cough up a little blood.

Now when I rinse my mouth out first thing in the AM the rinse is clear to sometimes slightly "muddy" but then when I brush my tongue (lightly) the clear rinse turns to "slightly muddy" with blood (not visible) before brushing seemingly being liberated from my tongue surface !!! Sometimes the blood is more apparent from the git go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My personal diagnosis is that I have at the back of my throat "irritation" like a sore throat but not sore --- my worry is the meaning of blood in the AM !!!

My stomach has always been "no worry" at all !!!!!!!! touch wood ----
My gums are good not perfect & as normal bleed a little after a vigorous clean --- I swear by my "Water Pick" which I now use after all meals to stop any irritating molecular size food particles passing over my throat and irritating it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dr. here did the "TV down the throat" and said there was nothing to worry about !!!!! all was OK !!!
I am awaiting a scanner and a further report !!!!

Of course I presently have this recent "flu" with nasal "phlem" etc etc -

So no "real sore throat " but this back of the throat irritation, a WANTING TO CLEAR MY THROAT , and blood especially in the morning ???????

Help please

XD

Interesting that I have the same problem. What I do now when I feel my throat has something there is to gargle with apple cider vinegar (not sure if alcohol or other types of vinegar will do) twice to purge some of the blood out.
However, one time I drank some berry juice which probably had a good dose of natural vitamin C and other goodies that it caused me to have a fever and flu like situation. During this "sickness" mode, my lungs produced a lot of phlegm and I was able to blow blood coated with phlegm through my nose and spit out. After one week, I no longer had this blood in throat issue in the morning or during the day. However, my coworkers who also has this problem somehow gave it to me again. Now it is still very hard to purge this blood out.