I had the novasure procedure in 2009 at the  young age 37 due to uncontrol bleeding caused from a very small fibroid. It was explained to me by my GYN that this procedure would freeze the endrometrial lining where the fibroid is located  to stop the bleeding  and decrease the heavy periods i had  and make the flow shorter and lighter. It has been three years since and its been three years of nightmare. This procedure ruined my sexual health. since the procedure my periods are heavier now it last for eight days and for four days i have to wear tampons, two or three sanitary napkins,  constantly changing or else, im in trouble. Following my period for a week i would get this watery discharge, sometimes mixed with blood  for a week and have to wear tampons.I also had this discharge following the procedure for two weeks and had to take antibiotics to clears it up.  I now get frequent yeast infection which i know is from this procedure,  constant cramping and severe back pain all the time.

I would like to inform anyone who is considering this procedure to have a long conversation with the doctor regarding the side effects now that its been done for a while. I feel that i was used has a (guiney pig) into this procedure as a last resort  to a hysterectomy  and my doctor was not fully aware of the side effects  at the time due to the newness of the procedure in 2009. 

So sorry to hear about your horrible experience. I don't know how the procedure has changed since 2009, but I had the Novasure procedure this past May and wrote about my experience here:  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

there have been some minor complications, however I do not have my period any longer and can live my life without being stuck in the house due to heavy bleeding. Also check out the comments for other's experiences. 

Have you seen a different GYN? They may have a second opinion for you. 

Best wishes!!

I'm in the same boat. I too feel like I went through an unnecessary procedure. Had in done in Sept'12, full of complications, pain, ongoing bleeding, which abruptly stopped 1.5 wks ago but started again last night. It's always with me, always and the procedure was supposed to stop it.

Also, to add to my post. When I had a follow-up and biopsy with my gyn, her response was when do you want to get the hysterectomy. It's inevitable.

And after putting up with the same hell you're going through. Everything got worse and worse, so I finally had the hysterectomy, plus Oophorectomy this past May. Still recovering from that, but wish I had done it sooner.