I would like to get answer if it is possible that an implant that was completed two years ago could be the cause of some problems I am feeling now. I have to complain because I cannot stand any more face numbness. I have numbness in my face, mouth, tongue, and gums for the past year and a half. I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, so at beginning, it was thought that the face numbness was part of the neuropathy. Can you tell me more about face numbness, what could be my problem?

I have exactly the same problem with face numbness. Since I had the same problem in my feet and hands, I was taking prednisone for a year, so I felt almost normal because of this. However, I realized none of the doctors who have been treating me has a clue to this problem. Finally, I found a doctor wanted to research what caused my face numbness. At the beginning, he thinks it is good that my diagnosis with a peripheral neuropathy solved when I was treated with prednisone. I was so thankful that this medicine eliminated numbness I had in hands and feet at least. I realized from his questions that was important if this face numbness start immediately after the implant was placed. He said it is possible that during the implant surgery the nerve could have been damaged. Another possibility was that I could have a metal allergy to the implant, which could cause face numbness. I have not heard this could happen, but obviously, I had bad luck.