Hi, folks. My friend has been suffering from eating disorder. I would like to know if there are any vegetarian diets for people with this kind of problem. I would like to know if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance for all your replies. Bye!

Hello, there. Vegetarian diets can be very strict. I am not sure how good they are for people with eating disorder. On the other hand, maybe these people shouldn’t start immediately with normal diet. You can consider vegetarian diet as a transitional solution for them. I think this is a question more suitable for an expert. He/she should know the exact answer. I hope your friend will be al right. Good luck with all! Bye!

I'm a vegetarian who went through phases of eating disorders, although they never got serious. Was your friend a vegetarian before? They're going to need a source of protein- tofu, cooked the right way, is actually pretty tasty. you might want to get her eating "lighter" foods first, and then move on. That might include fruits and steamed veggies. Eventually, a multivitamin would be great, but it might make her sick at first. So ask a nutritionist, or maybe cut it up into quarters to make it easier on an already sensitive stomach.

I'm a vegan who's also 6 years in recovery for ED's. Personally, I don't think it's any easier or harder for me to maintain a healthy diet than it is for my similarly-afflicted meat-eating friends, though it IS hard sometimes to try and explain to people who don't understand that my choice not to eat meat or animal products has NOTHING to do with my EDs.

My current post-ED vegan diet, approved by my personal trainer, includes 3 meals and two snacks a day, all including a protein source such as soy, beans, nuts, or nut butter.