I'm pretty sure I have a pilonidal cyst on the top of my buttcrack. It hurts pretty bad, but not as bad as it seems to hurt others. ie; I can sit down fine, and I don't sleep on my back anyway. Do I have to get it lanced, or will it just come and go like it is now? Or will it ever go away for a while?

Pilonidal cyst is basically inflamed hair follicle located at the end of your tailbone - it gets easily irritated and inflamed because of its location. I think that it is best that you have it checked out by a doctor and removed - these cysts can get infected and cause much worse problems than pain alone, from swelling up to high fever. So, if you have the chance to get rid of it, than do - why wait for things to get worse and its not like you have to go through a major surgery or something.

I don't really have the money to go see a doctor...and I guess I'm childish about this kinda stuff...I'd rather wait until the last possible moment before I have to get a needle stuck in it lol...

Believe me, I know how it is to be without insurance, or the money to pay all the bills... that is why I know that the more you push the problem aside, the bigger are the chances it might turn for worse. Besides, this procedure should be fairly simple - ask any woman about ingrown hair and you'll get a clearer picture about what needs to be done. And you don't need me to tell you that its better not to have serious infection in that area.

I'm not really worried about the surgery part, but I hear you have to pack these things with gause, that's what I'm afraid of lol

No pain no gain? :-D Sorry, but, had to lol :-)

Hopefully it won't be too bad, gonna get it checked out tomorrow. It's not swollen at all anymore, you gotta press down on it to feel anything, and pressing doesn't hurt. I doubt it's the size of a dime anymore. Hopefully, they'll just be able to cut it open, and do the do without me having to pack it...I live by myself...I have the capabilities to pack it, I'm young and not disabled or anything, but I guarantee if it hurts to pack it, I probably won't...dunno what'll happen then lol