How are you after your hypos?  I am so tired and i just want to sleep after I have one, even after I have had something to eat.  Why is it that that happens?  I have had a hypo at work, and it is aggravating that I eat something to get rid of it then I am so tired after the fact.  It really is annoying.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to recover more quickly after a hypo?  It would help me out a lot and I would really appreciate any ideas.  Thanks!

Many diabetics do experience fatigue and sleepiness if they have a severe hypo where others perk up from having the extra carbohydrates consumed.  It could be perhaps that the carbohydrate you are choosing isn't entering quickly enough into your bloodstream.  Try eating a small candy bar or drinking a small glass of orange juice, and see if that makes any difference in your getting better response. 

I have to eat something with a quick sugar rush so my blood sugars will rebound quickly and I start feeling better much faster. It is usually some juice with a packet of sugar or some hershey's kisses that I eat. I keep the kisses in my purse since they are small and don't take up so much room in there. They are easy to eat fast as well. You might want to try those for your blood sugar hypos. You can also just prepare yourself ahead of time so you don’t have a hypo in the first place. I don’t know if you can feel it coming on, but I start feeling like I am in a daze right before my blood sugars start to decrease and become a hypo. I eat a Hershey’s kiss or two to stave the hypos away. Does this offer you any good advice?