Hi, folks. I am planning to start my yoga classes very soon. Since I am totally new at this, I would like to ask what the name for different yoga poses is. I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. I hope it won’t bother you too much. Bye!

Hello. There are many different poses in yoga. I will try to tell you the ones that are most famous. Sit/Easy Position – Sukhasana is the position which you will start your class with. It is excellent for awareness of your body and breathing. Mountain – Tadasana is great for improving balance, posture and self-awareness. There are many poses that are great for spine flexibility such as Dog and Cat Position or Forward Bend or Extension - Uttanasana II. But, don’t hurry. You will learn all that when you start your classes from your yoga instructor. Don’t jump ahead. Enjoy!