Alright, so this is been happening to me as far back as Elementary School. I'm now 24 years old. Every few months my body has some weird reaction. I'm not sure what's it caused by because I've never noticed a common factor between the times its occurred. What happens is my stomach get's very nauseous, then my salivary glands begin to swell up and overproduce saliva. I almost feel as if my body is going to naturally drown itself. This will last for about 30 seconds while I rub my glands, and either spit out of swallow the saliva, and continue to feel nauseous. Once it passes I'm fine for about another 1 - 2 months and then it happens again. Any idea what might be causing this or what it's called?

Hi Jmatth,

Are you experiencing any problems with your teeth? Usually salivary glands tend to be over productive if your teeth are having some issues. You know how babies tend to drool all the time when their teeth are growing. You are in age when your wisdom teeth should be out by now. But some experience this later in life. Are you wisdom teeth out? Maybe they are causing this problem.

If this is not the case then your glands are not functioning properly and you will need to take some test. It is only a swab test so you don’t have to be frighten by this. It is advised to do this, just to be sure what is causing this problem

I've experienced this since I was a teenager. It started with me as something I would experience when on my period. I'd get a tin taste in my mouth and I would have to swallow because it felt like I would drown. I'm 49 now and have more symptoms:
Still the salivation plus itchy hands, sweaty, shakiness, vomiting, diarrhea, severe drop in blood sugar which may explain the sweaty-shaky feeling I get.
I'm looking at a food allergy, this all happens after I eat greasy foods. Question to you, are you on your period when yours begins?