I am a 20 year-old woman. A year ago, I started having recurrent sore throats and swollen salivary glands. I also developed a rash on my cheeks that is not going away with rosacea cream. I didn't have my usual amount of energy, but could still carry out normal activities. I was sick for a week at the end of August with dizziness and nausea on top of the other symptoms. My right side beside my navel started to bother me and has bothered me ever since. It feels like there's something there and it gurgles. I recovered, but still didn't feel well. At the beginning of October, my stomach became more and more nauseous. I had trouble reading for too long because my eyes were funny. My stomach would violently churn for hours at a time, but I never vomitted. I was so lightheaded that I thought I might pass out. I also had heart palpitations that could last for a few hours or keep me up all night. The palpitations went away by the time I was at my worst. I also had sensitivity to light, sound and smell. By January, I felt better but still not well. Since then, I've had times where I don't feel too bad and times where I'm pretty sick. These symptoms still remain: nausea, dizziness (has never left), vision problems, cold hands & feet, pain/discomfort on right side of stomach, recurrent weakness in limbs, recurrent swelling of salivary glands, blood and mucus in stool (but no constipation or diaherria). I've had 3 bladder infections in the past 8 months and pleurisy/costochondritis for the first time. These are the tests I've had: CT scan, Upper GI, colonoscopy/endoscopy, blood tests for Lupus, Celiac, nutrients, Mono, and Epstein-Barr, ECG, chest X-ray. Nothing has been found. I still have a barium follow-through to the small intestine (to check for Crohn's) and an ENG test coming up. If anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate it. It's been frustrating.

Hi there,
I am 35 and have the exact same symptoms. I too have had all those tests and nothing has been found. If you find an answer, please let me know.

Have you been tested for Celiac disease....I have similar symptoms, and I've been doing my research. I'm now wondering if this could be my problem...an allergy to wheat/gluten. Anyway, it may be worth asking about!

get tested for mono i might have it right now and i have to excat symptoms

How are you now? I have the same symptoms except for less stomach problems. I am being tested for sjogrens/lupus

This is spooky. It's like I'm reading about myself. I've had the same symptoms for years after I had my daughter. I've been diagnosed with epstein-barr, mono, chostrochondritis, fybromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, Depression (which ended up to be a complete misdiagnosis) and endometriosis. I know this may sound completely nuts, but after I had my hysterectomy everything is fantastic. It just turns out that my hormone levels were varying to such a great extent that my body was messing up everywhere! Not to mention that the endometrial adhesion were stuck to everything you can possibly imagine . . . from by bladder to my intestines and the omentum was wrapped around my left ovaries like a snake has it's prey! It just so happens that I had to go to about 11 different doctors before I found one that would take me seriously. This OBGYN couldn't find anything on an ultrasound, so he put me in for laproscopic surgery to take a look around and he found something alright. Boy am I happy he took a chance on me. You have to be firm with these doctors and find one that will take the time to hear you out. A lot of my problem was that these doctors thought that the pain was all in my head because they never took the time to look at me thoroughly. I had to practically beg them not to give me pain medication and just fix the problem. Don't let yourself get to such a level. Grab hold of your situation and tell them right from the get go, everything, even if you don't think it pertains to the problem. You might be surprised.

You may want to try a allergy free diet. I found that when I stopped eating wheat products along with any msg, and sugar free products, I
felt ten times better. I eat natural foods, no preservatives. It takes a little more time to prepare foods but it is well worth the time. I work 6 days a
week, so what I do is prepare a whole bunch of dinners ahead of time and freeze them. When I go to work, I just pull one out for my lunch. Make sure to read all your food labels and it took about 2 weeks for me to feel better. I found this on my own with no doctors help. There are many sites on the net about celiac disorder also. Good luck!

Have you considered being checked for Sjogren’s disease? I have recently developed these symptoms and my rheumatologist is checking me for it. Good Luck and let us know what happens.

I have all those but blood in stool. My DX is lupus & sjogrens which causes enlarged salivary gland which I have too. Right side stomach pain. Costrocondtritis. Nausea dry dry dry eyes throat nose larynx issues.
I have MCTD effecting my Parotid gland and dupytrens Contractures of hand. Have. Sun and fluorescent light sensativity from all the autoimmune. Eye stroke left blind eye. I have graves graves eye also same blind eye. I feel nauseated and sick with vertigo...having 24/7 tinnitus with hearing loss. Graves & Hypertyroid can cause palpitations and stomach issues are common with both. I have UC / IBD and feed. I have frozen joints shoilders right knee and left wrist and muscle weakness. Raynauds is in hands and feet noticeably and perhaps effects other areas. I have posative ANA lupus and Posative SSA SSB with posative biopsies for sjogrens and MCTD.
The vertigo is scary...with nausea .headaches and migraines are hard to deal with daily.
There is much more...but if you over the last year from thus post have not been diagnosed maybe this might give youndome insight.