Before I describe my condition, I want to explain that I have no history of medical problems, and I am a 19 year old male, who before this condition occurred was relatively healthy. I've always had to pee often, however. I would usually go at least once every two hours during the day, and very rarely at night. I usually couldn't watch a long movie without having to go pee at least once during, and once after. However, it never truly bothered me because there was still a good amount of time between the urination, and I would rarely wake up at night to go pee. About five weeks ago however, something happened. I was sitting down on my sofa playing some video games, when all of a sudden I began to realize that I was peeing more often that usual. Usually when I drink alot of water, I go and pee a good amount and then pee again about 10 minutes later, but it never goes on more than three times, but here I was peeing every 5-10 minutes for hours, and only a little bit of urine was coming out. After a few days, I started to start having to wake up many times at night to urinate, thus losing sleep. My family didn't have insurance at the time, so I couldn't go see a doctor immediately, but about a week after the symptoms started, we signed up, but it took another week for the insurance to kick in. A week ago, I went to see my GP and he found my symptoms unusual for my age, and he did a urine test and a blood test, and called back saying that there was no bacteria or anything in my urine and that my kidneys were functioning properly, and he finally referred me to a urologist, who I will be seeing later this week. These are the symptoms that I am experiencing. I have trouble starting a urine stream, and when I do it is usually weak and it often drops and I have to struggle to get it started again. Sometimes when I urinate, it burns, but this is not always the case, only sometimes. I have an urge to go urinate quite frequently, usually every 30 minutes, although I have noticed that the urge is not so bad when I am sitting down or laying down, but worse when I am standing. I also sometimes have more than one stream when I am urinating, but this is something that I have had before the problem began as well. I wake up several times at night to go pee, and it seems that every other night I don't get decent sleep because of it. Sometimes it takes so long for me to get the urine stream started that I end up sitting down and then it comes out easier. I feel as though I am not completely emptying my bladder, and usually it feels as though there is a bit of urine left in my penis as well. Here are some other things that might be noted for different conditions. I am a worrier first of all, I have been very depressed about this lately, and I'm worried that it might not go away or that a doctor can't fix it or help it, and I think about it way more that I know I should. I also have been looking up various illnesses that this could refer to, and so Ill add some extra stuff in order to help whoever's reading get a clear idea of what it could be. I was somewhat stressed out before this problem started happening. I don't usually let "real world things" get to my head, and I also don't see why a stress-related cause could make it difficult for me to start urinating or make it easier to urinate sitting down, and much of the real world stress is gone now, I'm more stressed over this illness. I don't feel constipated at all, and usually have the usual number two's. I don't have any severe, consistent, or bothersome pain in my pelvic area and I don't feel any pain when I feel that my bladder is full. I don't have any blood or strange coloration in my urine, and no smell that could point to diabetes. Aside from the first week where I was very worried and depressed about this, I haven't had any lack of appetite or depression or fatigue. The only tiredness I feel is the tiredness you get when you don't get a good nights sleep. I have no other odd symptoms, its just trouble urinating, urinating more often that I damn should be, and waking up at night to go urinate. The urinating during the day seems to get worse when I drink alot of water, of course, but the thing that is really bothering and worrying me is waking up at night to go, again and again and again. It is messing with my sleep, and I am fortunate right now that I don't have to be anywhere early in the morning or else I'm finished. To me, the worst case scenario is that I have Interstitial Cystitis, which I am scared to death of. Second worse case scenario is that it is cancer or maybe chronic prostatitis. Third case scenario is that it is an obstruction of my urethra that is causing the difficulty and frequency, and this is either because of an enlarged prostate or a urethral stricture. My theory is that I believe my prostate is swollen, because since this problem started, I have masturbated often, but not truly ejaculated. I've gotten to the point where I'm feeling spasms and there is plenty of pre-ejaculate but I have refused to ejaculate except for three times in the past five weeks. I think this has led to my prostate swelling and is causing this possible obstruction. I don't know, I'll have to make sure with a urologist at the end, but I'm hoping someone here could give me an idea as to what the possibilities are on my diagnosis. One of the main reasons why this is bothering me so much is because I am only 19, and I still have to get a degree and live my life, something which I can't do if this is some chronic illness or something. I pray everyday, but I hope you guys can help. Thanks.

hello my name is sarah and this same thing happens to me.....for the past three days i have been getting it non stop i am so fustrated and fed up i really dont know what to do any more.....presently i am furthering my nursing and am only 21 years of age....

Did this sort out?what did the doctor say? I m facing the exact same symptoms