Hey everyone. I have this lovely cat that I found in the street two years ago. She is adorable. She is living in the dorm with me because I am still a student. Yesterday I had exam so I was not at my room for like 7 hours. When I came back I notice that she was urinating a lot, but not in her sand. She was urinating in the every corner of my room. In the one corner I saw a little bit of blood so I am wondering could this be from her urine.

What this means?

I did some research and I was wondering can you tell me what are bladder infection symptoms in cats?

Hi Guest,

Urinating a lot, while speaking about doses, is not a symptom of bladder infection, but urinating a lot, while speaking about the number of times that your cat urinates (in small doses) is a symptom of bladder infection. Especially if you can see blood in her urine, blood is a symptom, too. If she doesn’t seem to have control of her bladder, then she definitely has some sort of bladder infection. You should check your cat’s behavior while she is urinating. If she seems to be in a lot of pain, then something is wrong.

You need to take her to the vet when you can (the sooner, the better) so he can suggest some treatments for her.

Hey guys,

First of all, you need to take your cat to the vet. Bladder infection can be a really nasty thing if not treated on time. Your cat might have stones, a tumor, or this infection can be caused by a lot of stress.

Almost all of the symptoms are connected to the urination of your cat: she will urinate more often in small doses, and it will seem uncontrollable, and she might be in pain while she’s urinating. She will be licking her urinary opening, she will vomit a lot and drink a lot more water. And her urine is going to smell really, really bad.

Hey everyone,

It looks like we can all agree that you need to take your cat to the vet. Regarding what caused her bladder infection, he is going to know the proper treatment for it.

The symptoms are those that the people above already told you: more often urination, blood in her urine and pain while urinating. Uncontrollable urination. Lethargy, vomiting and a higher intake of water.

You need to take this case to the vet because bladder infection can be life threatening. Not the infection itself, but the thing that caused the infection. It can easily be caused by a tumor so you really need to check this out as soon as possible.

Hey you.

It is very important to take your cat to the vet because when she urinates a lot and there is a blood in her urine, that is not a good sing. At all. Actually that is just one symptom. And there are so many of them. For example, straining to urine, frequent urine, licking the urinary opening, squinting, hissing, moaning, lack of vocalization, licking the painful area, decreased appetite, she is hiding in your room, in the corners of your room and she is playing less than usual.

Those are the symptoms. You might didn’t saw them because you are spending a lot of time out of your room but that is why you need to visit the vet.

Hey.

I totally understand what you are going through. But it is not end of the world :) Some cats don’t show any signs of this condition which makes the infection especially difficult for their owners to detect. This is generally problematic for outdoor cats because their owners spend a less time with them.

But signs are obvious. Here is the list:

• urgency to urinate,
  • difficulty urinating,
  • very smelly urine,
  • drops of blood,
  • grooming around the external genitalia,
  • reddens of gentile,
  • fever,
  • depression,
  • Anorexia.

It seems to me that your cat is struggling with strong bladder infection.

You need to seek for help – soon!

Hey everyone,

Dear Guest, you have a lot of info above my post regarding the symptoms of bladder infection in cats so there is no need for me to repeat them all.

What is very important for you to do is that you take this cat to the vet to see how serious this thing is. Bladder infection, in most cases, is caused by bacteria but in some cases it can be caused by a more serious disease such as leukemia or cancer.

Now that you know how serious this can be and that it can lead to death, I honestly hope that you’ll visit the vet soon and get the proper treatment for this.

Hello there everyone. I wish your very happy holidays :)
I hope you all are doing OK, and I really want to thank you for so many good advice. I am reading this site for a few months and all I get was those amazing, helpful advice.
Here is my experience. When my cat was diagnosed with bladder infection she didn’t have any symptoms. She was urinating more than usually, but she was not in pain, there was no blood.
I took her to the vet just to see is she cold or something. He told me that she has really strong bladder infection. SO folks, whenever you notice that just one thing has changed in your cat, consult your vet.
It can just become worse.