Hi, My boyfrined and I are very safe and I even track my cycles to know when I am ovulating. Well he and I had sex 2 days ago, when I was ovulating and the condom broke with a lot of precum in it. Well afterwards, we ended up using the pull out method for 2 more times. Now I'm hearing that precum has sperm in it and that it doesn't. Is there a chance that I may be pregnant from precum?

There is always a chance, precum does contain sperm, which can live inside a womens body anywhere from 3 to 5 days 7 at the latest.....If it has been less then 5 days you may want to get the morning after pill...

From what ive gained, precum only contains sperm if the male has ejaculated and has NOT urinated before the time of sex. yes, this sperm can get you pregnant due to the fact it only takes one to make it so. However the chances of getting pregnant off of precum sperm is less than that of an actual ejaculation into you. Best thing you can do is, like indianagurl suggests, take the morning after pill if its been less than 5 days. If its been too long, then just wait it out and hope for the best.

Does preejaculatory penile secretion originating from Cowper's gland contain sperm?

Zukerman Z; Weiss DB; Orvieto R
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel.

PURPOSE: To determine if spermatozoa are present in the preejaculatory penile secretion, originating from Cowper's gland. METHODS: DESIGN: Prospective clinical and laboratory study. SETTING: Andrology and Sex Counseling Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Teaching Hospital. PATIENTS: Five patients referred for premature ejaculation, three for excessive fluid secreted during foreplay and four normal healthy volunteers. INTERVENTION: Glass slide smears of preejaculatory Cowper's gland secretion obtained during foreplay from at least two different occasions, and semen samples after masturbation. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Microscopic examination of air-dried smears, and routine semen analyses. RESULTS: None of the preejaculatory samples contained sperm. All the patients had sperm in routine sperm analyses. CONCLUSIONS: Preejaculatory fluid secreted at the tip of the urethra from Cowper's gland during sexual stimulation did not contain sperm and therefore cannot be responsible for pregnancies during coitus interrupt's.

In other words,
Precum contains ZERO sperm!!

precum does not contain sperm at all, I'm in medical classes the only way precum can get a woman pregnant is from previous ejactulation and precum pushes the rest out.... if a male has urinated frequently this will help clean out the left over sperm. So next person who says it can get someone pregnant back your self up, dont say oh I know or got pregnant from precum! maybe ask your male partner when he last ejaculated and there is your answer

I had just read the report posted above, and although it may offer a glimmer of hope, it can also be misleading. The study had a very small sample population, not at all significant. I would just like to know if there are other similar studies conducted much like the one posted above. If so, where can we find them, what are the results? With enough studies, we might have something conclusive.

okay well me and my

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and he did not finish inside me or anything but im scared im pregnant!! he hasnt ejaculated anytime soon before we had sex that night and he went to the bathroom before we had sex. i was really nervous and i just took a test and it said piss on the stick for 5 seconds but i didnt i stoped and couldnt go anymore so i only pissed on it for like 2 seconds or so. and it was negative at first and then it was positive with in a minute. Am i pregnant for sure????!!!!! any help would be great!!!!! im freaking out!!

Yeah that research body is encouraging, but still in actuality 1/4 women get pregnant from the pull out technique every year. As far as i can make out women have a 25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle . young people have 88% chance to get pregnant if it's done intentionally. So.. 25% of 88% = 22% *25% of pull out = 5.5% chance. But that number still is'nt very comforting when you're young and scared. Next time think of this beforehand: does dropping 300 million terrorist infront of the White house seem like good odds?

Sorry but I've gotten pregnant TWICE from  precum and it only took a second, a few pumps and a month later I got a positive result.  The pull out method only works if the women is not ovulating so please, be careful!!

So are you pregnant csharp? cause me and my girlfriend are in the same predicament.

You should NEVER use the pull-out method during your fertile days and importantly your ovulation day! It is very risky since that is the most prone day to become pregnant. Pre cum does NOT contain sperm IF the male has urinated a couple of times since his last ejaculation to clean the left over sperm out! It is impossible since pre cum comes from a different gland. It only pushes out left over. If he does not urinate, then the risk is still present, keep that in mind. Pre cum is a relatively low amount of sperm if he hasn't urinated. But keep in mind it only takes one sperm cell to conceive. Be careful! Hope this helps in some ways. If you are going to continue sex, I would recommend tracking ovulation days.

Sperm content of pre-ejaculatory fluid March 2011, Vol. 14, No. 1 , Pages 48-52 (doi:10.3109/14647273.2010.520798) HTML PDF (184 KB) PDF Plus (185 KB) Reprints Permissions Stephen R. Killick1,2, Christine Leary1,2, James Trussell1,3, Katherine A. Guthrie1,4 1Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hull York Medical School, University of Hull, Hull, UK 2Hull IVF Unit, Women and Children's Hospital, Hull, UK 3Office of Population Research, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA 4Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare Partnership, Hull and East Yorkshire, Hull, UK Correspondence: Prof. Stephen Killick, The Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Women and Children's Hospital, Anlaby Road Hull, HU3 2PZ, UK. E-mail:

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

k This study was designed to establish whether motile spermatozoa are released with pre-ejaculatory fluid and whether this fluid therefore poses a risk for unintended pregnancy. Forty samples of pre-ejaculatory fluid were examined from 27 volunteer men. Samples were obtained by masturbation and by touching the end of the penis with a Petri dish prior to ejaculation. Eleven of the 27 subjects (41%) produced pre-ejaculatory samples that contained spermatozoa and in 10 of these cases (37%), a reasonable proportion of the sperm was motile. The volunteers produced on up to five separate occasions and sperms were found in either all or none of their pre-ejaculatory samples. Hence, condoms should continue to be used from the first moment of genital contact, although it may be that some men, less likely to leak spermatozoa in their pre-ejaculatory fluid, are able to practice coitus interruptus more successfully than others.

We had sex today and it was last night that he last ejaculated but peed this morning.. did his pee "clean out" his sperm then?

I need some of my questions answered? I had unprotected sex on July 25th I kept buying ovulation test but there was a very faint line any other line was dark then I had unprotected sex July 30th and he did not ejaculate in me he pulled out but I have been feeling tired nauseated pregnancy symptoms and just started getting white discharge.... I keep buying ovulation test and today the line was darker both lines are dark so I am ovulating.. but I heard that sperm can surviving a woman's body 5 to 7 days how true is that guy still become pregnant??