I have some questions about my health. I am 42 years old and had a hysterectomy almost 3 yrs ago, leaving only my left ovary. Approximately 2 weeks ago I began experiencing severe abdominal pain in the lower left area. Had several tests including ultrasound, catscan and everything showed "normal". However pain is not lessening and is only maintained by pain meds. My gyn suggests either "riding it out" and see if pain goes away or have another surgery to remove ovary. Any suggestions. I really don't (and can't) live on pain meds.

I am so against hysterectomy or any other removals, and if I were you I would try to figure out something else. My aunt had hysterectomy and suffered deep depression after it and my sister had problems with polycystic ovary.
When we were researching things on our own, I read into an article of a woman who extreme ovarian pain but ultrasounds had showed nothing. She also had some other bleedings like nose and bruises at the time and she figured out (through numerous researches) that her problems were appearing due to vitamin K deficiency and that her bleedings were caused by that disorder too. When she introduced foods rich in vitamin K, all the bleedings and the pain went away. I remember that she said coffee aggravated her pain as well as garlic, onions, watermelons and salads with a lot of vinegar but green vegetables she found soothing.
She said that her blood was too thin and that it was coagulating and that her ovarian pain went away.