Since June or July of 08 I've been experiencing severe pain on my lower right side of my pelvis. It feels like contractions, the pain starts 2 weeks after my last menstrual cycle. It begins with lower back pains that it's so unbearable I can't sit or lay down for a long period of time. Then 2 to 3 wks before my next menstrual cycle (if I get it) the pelvic pains arise. Each day The pain lasts for 20 minutes. It may come back every two hours or every 3 hours. The pain is so severe that no pain medication aliviate the pain. It's mainly on my lower right side of my ovary. As soon as I get my period, the lower and pelvic pains go away and all I get is the "normal" menstrual cramps.

My gynecologist did a laparoscopy on 3/30/09 and nothing was found. My PCP referred me to a colonoscopy doctor. He performed the colonoscopy and everything came out okay.

I am at a loss here because my PCP doesn't understand why I keep getting the pains? He wants to refer me to a pain specialist but I refuse to. If anyone knows what I have, please respond asap.

Thanks
Nissie07

This reminds me of ovarian cysts. My cousin had the same excruciating pain starting at the ovary and going down her legs. But if your doc did laparoscopy, i guess the cysts have been ruled out.

This was not very helpful but i wanted to reply to your post anyway. I hope you find the cause soon. Good luck!

This definately reminds me an ovarian cyst as well. The symptoms you are describing line up with a cyst. I had one a few years ago and an ultrasound was used to determine what was going on. There really isn't a lot they did for it other than prescribe some awful pain medication that made me pretty sick to my stomach. If the doctor did laparoscopy on you and found nothing than they have more than likely ruled a cyst out. Wow, you have been put through a lot with that and then a colonoscopy. Are there any other tests that the doctor is going to run. What did he/she say about the pain? Does he/she speculate as to what it could be? I am curious as well. Are you taking any medication for the pain. Keep going back to the doctor and of course, you could always get a second opinion if need be. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.