First I started getting sharp pains in my lower abdomen only when I coughed or sneezed. This has been happening for over a year now. I sometimes now get a dull pain when I urinate or when I am walking around. The pain is irregular and not severe. Sometimes when I get the pain I can feel a bulge on the lower right side of my abdomen near my hip, could this just be food passing through my intestine? I went to the doctor and was told the problem was muscular. I would like to hear from other people who have had a similar problem. I am a 22 year old female, not over weight, never been pregnant.

To Ashleestar

I have the same problem, I have IBS and was experiencing the same symptoms as you. then I had an awful bout of a stomach bug, after that the pain on my lower right side got very painful. I went to my doctors they checked for a hernia and declared it musculer. After two weeks it was getting to the point that standing upright for more than a few mins was very painful. Now the pain is spreading across the bottom region of my stomach not to disimilar to period pains but constant. I have a scan booked in a months time but the pain is driving me to distraction, if you get anyfurther with yours please let me know! XD

I too am having the same problem but its on the left side about 2 inches from my belly button... its gotten to the point that the pain when I cough is so intense and then it burns so bad that its going from the front to my back.. like in the kidney area... Doctor told me also it was muscular.... something is not right...

Hi I have been getting pains in my stomach which is causing me back pain, been backwards and forward to the drs they say my back is musclar I am not convinced that,'s what it is can't get no answers I am really worried. I have been feeling unwell for months.