For the past four months I have a a very bad pain in my left breast. I have had an ultrasound which showed nothing unusual and my doctor told me that it was probably a pulled muscle. However, this was a month ago and it is still persisting. What could be the cause of this pain and what should I do about it?

i think you should probably apply a heating pad of some sort where it hurts... this pain can be different things... it can be a hormone inbalance you might have... it can be cancer, it can be a cyst in your bresat... maybe you should do a self test by laying down with a arm up and feel for lumps... (lumps feel hard and tender to the touch almost as hard boiled egg) if you feel anything unusual you should see your doc. you should also stand infront of the mirror and put your hands above your head as if your were stretching and check if you see anything weird with them... like a visible lump or something like that...

just do some research and see if you find anything on the internet saying stuff about the symptoms your having...

i hope i helped a bit... ;-)