for six months now i have had severe pain and lack of movement in my neck,left shoulder and left arm, i also get a sharp pain without warning in my shoulder as if a knife is being pushed into it. The Doctor has given me pain killers and anti inflamitaries which i have been on for six weeks and i also go to physio but it just not working for me. I have dad exrays and that came back normal. i have een off work for six weeks now and the Doctor now says i am a mystery and that was very frustrating for me and i just felt he he though i was acting. I am now waiting to see a bone specialist. Have you ant idea what is going on.
Andy

This has been going on with me, only on my right side, for about 6 yrs now.
It started in my jaw. Moved to my shoulder. Next it hit my arm, wrist and hands. When I bend down to pull a couple weeds from my flower bed my ear gets funny almost as if it plugs up.
I have had arthroscopy surgery for my jaw (docs said it was TMJ).
I have had ACDF (neck surgery) C-5, C-6 (docs thought my disc had worn and was pinching a nerve even though test didn't show much of a problem).
I have had physical therapy a total of 5 times.
The only thing that has changed is now I have limited use and pain in my neck all of the time. I can't lift or bend. I can't even sleep for more than 4 hours at a time. I wake up hurting and numb! I am supposedly a living mystery to doctors!
My pain is still there and it seems to get more severe as time goes on. Also the last month the pain has now moved to my left side...figure it out.
Does your arm get heavy? Go numb? Do you get headaches after you do something that involves alot of arm use, such as washing the car?
One doctor did suggest I might have Fibromialga (most doctors think that doesn't exist!).
Anyway I understand the pain. I understand doctors looking at you like your crazy. I finally gave up. I quit going to doctors for a reason for my symptoms. All it seems they want to do is test after test and nothing ever shows up.
Let me know if you ever find a reason for your condition and if your symptoms compare to mine. Thanks!