how do you relive the pain of mild to moderate acute pancreatitis? What sort of pain relievers work best? I am currently taking tylenol and cimetidine. Also would a heating pad help or a warm tub?

Did you ever try going to a pain management clinic as they are very good with handling pain

regards
Portia

I have been on both darvocet and vicodin as well as fentanyl. Take whatever your doctor will give you-don't suffer-it's not owrth it.

Research vitamin C.... Go to this site
Dr.Frederick R. Klenner was treating many diseases successfully since the late 1930's with "mega-doses" of vitamin C (ascorbic acid.) Check the above link, there are a couple of case files pertaining to pancreatitis at the end of the article.

My daughter Rachel, 33 yrs. old... diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, displayed all the symptoms. severe pain, etc., with history of many repeated trips to the hospital.

I purchased a jar of vitamin C (500 tablets, 1000 mg). One evening she came to my room. Another attack was ensuing. With tears in her eyes, (at this point, it was more from frustration than pain) she exclaimed that she'd have to go the hospital again, soon.

I gave her 5 tablets (5,000 milligrams = 5 grams). Within a half hour the pain was starting to subside. So I had her take another 5 tablets. Within one and one half hours from the onset of the attack, Rachel was virtually pain free, and without the aid of any painkillers. She's been 6 months without an attack. She takes four C tablets twice a day plus she adheres strictly to a proper and healthy diet. (important)
Remember... pain = damage, no pain, no damage!

Vitamin C is completely safe. No bad side effects. (exception: if you took 100 tablets, [100,000 milligrams = 100 grams] then you would probably have diarrhea.)

Vitamin C is amazing... Great for so many human associated ailments... Keep this thought in mind... That most of our good doctors are either ill-informed or misinformed and that with their large caseloads, are generally, much too busy for researching alternative medicine. Also to keep in mind is this.... Fact: That big pharmaceutical companies are more interested in profit than health. (Do the research)

Sadly, at that moment when someone is diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis, they can expect, on average, only about seven years of life left to them.

I hope this simple bit of information helps you.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

my boyfriend had a whipples surgery 5 years ago, lost 2/3 of his pancreas among other multiple injuries to his internal organs in a snowmobile crash. his liver was damaged and partially removed, spleen, gallbladder, appendix all removed, ribs broken, lungs punctured, kidneys bruised, bowel, small and large intestine partially removed/repaired. and since then ive been seeing his pain everyday due to withstanding pancreatitis, moderate to chronic. hes on oxycontin, viokase 16 (lipase, protease, amylase), tecta (anti-acid).. then more natural vitamin c with iron, "Lily of the desert" aloe vera gel (to drink), strong antioxidants "Multi-force ORAC" by prairie naturals.. and alfalfa tonic. thats what he takes to manage his pain, daily. he can have an episode of the terribly painful debilitating attack he can get at the most random occasions, and after i got him to start the aloe vera gel and antioxidants he recovers at least 4 days sooner than before. (one week down to 2 days). so if your going through this pain, it may be something to try. hes a drywaller/steel framer. so if he can do that after suffering a life like this for 5 years, im sure anyone can try as well.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have not yet been diagnosed with acute or chronic pancreatitis but I have all of the symptoms. I've suffered excruciating attacks for a total of 6 times. For the first time last night, I took Vitamin C as you suggested. It helped cut down the pain more quickly than any other previous attacks; this time I endured the pain for only 3.5 hours. Other times it has been up to 8 hours. I just want to thank you again for suggesting the Vitamin C. It really did work for me.

Am also suffering from acute pancreatic pblm....gtng too much off pain.... Some one tell how to get immediately relief....i dnt want surgery

What dose of Vitamin C should I take?