At the beginning of spring my husband brought home the flu. I just couldn't get over it. I went to the doctor and was prescribed anti-biotics. Not getting better I was then proscribed a Zpack.
I developed this terrible pain in my left chest, rib and breast area. It hurt so bad for about 3 wks that I couldn't even take a breath without pain. I honestly thought it was from coughing so hard.
I returned to the doctor and he ordered chest x-rays and prescribed penicillin.
The chest xrays came back okay (no pnenomia).
Now two months later the pain is better but still there. When I touch just under my left breast or move a cetain way it is very tender. I also still have a cough that comes and goes but am not coughing hard enough to keep the area irritated.
I was diagnosed last year with Fibromyalgia and do have issues with my muscles aching but have never experienced " a problem area" for so long.
Anyone have any ideas to what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi Kari: The 1st thing I thought of was Pleurisy!! Here are the symptoms of it!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pleurisy/DS00244/DSECTION=symptoms

It could also have to do with your Fibromyalgia! But I really think it has more to do with the Flu you had! Pleurisy is a common condition that remains after a nasty bug!

What amazed me actually, is that your doctor putting you on Antibiotics!!! Flu and Cold are Viral Infections, so Antibiotics do NOTHING for them!

Another thing that came to mind is that you pulled a muscle or cartlidge in your ribs! I definitely want you to go see the doctor and mention Pleurisy to him!

Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health!

Sorry....I should have mentioned I do have not been running a temperature. I did have a temperature for one day last spring when I first got the flu.
My cough is phlemny, not dry.
Anyone with fibro experience this?
Thanks.

That is a little unusual. What it sounds like to me is something like bronchitis with the symptoms that you have described. Have you spoken to a doctor about it? I imagine tha tyou're just asking to make sure that the symptoms are normal or abnormal. Let me know what your doctor says okay?