I would like if someone could tell me more about Raynaud’s syndrome. Recently I heard something about this condition on TV and every since then, I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe it is because of the name. Anyway, I would appreciate some information.

Raynaud's syndrome is also called Raynaud's phenomenon or Raynaud's disease. It is a condition in which the smallest arteries that bring blood to the fingers or toes constrict when exposed to cold. Also, they can go into spasm from an emotional upset. The fingers or toes become pale, cold and numb as a result of Raynaud’s syndrome. Working with vibrating machinery or even smoking cigarettes can cause episodes of this condition. If there's a spasm in the small veins and blood is trapped in the capillaries, the fingers or toes turn blue which happens because the blood loses its oxygen. In mild cases of this syndrome, people only need to make minor lifestyle changes. However, in other cases vasodilators can be prescribed to keep the blood vessels from constricting. For any further information, you can always contact your doctor.