I have a small bump on the inside of my outer labia. The best description I can think of for it is a pimple. The kind of pimple that is under the skin so it hurts a lot when it is touched. The bump I have just showed up this morning. It wasn't there yesterday and I just noticed it after I woke up because it hurt a little when I walked. I did run a short distance in my jeans without underwear on (which isn't typical but I didn't have time to find underwear, something urgent just came up and I had to go) so that have irritated the area but I'm not sure. It isn't really off color or anything. There is a really tiny, pin-point spot right in the middle of the bump that is a darker red then the rest of the area but that is the only thing that is abnormal about the color. It does hurt though when it's touched and it’s not like a raw part of the skin, it is a bump. I have read some things about glands swelling and wondering if that is all it is. I’m just not sure because everything I have read on here talks about more than one bump and I only have one. So if anyone has anything that would help me please let me know.

Is it possible that it re-occurs in the same place a month later?? because the first post describes exactly what i had, and now i feel like im getting it again.. ??

thanks

I found this very usefull. I also have a cyst on my inner thigh as describe above but they've been comming back about every 2 months or so, I usually just squeze them out or use a pin with alcohol

thanks

if it's recurring it will be a good idea to go to the doctor. If you think about it is it usual to keep getting a pimple on teh same spot? but im not suree about cysts, but the doc can never be wrong...i even made my doc look at a zit on my butt cheek and to my releif he said it was just a zit and laughed at me. So checkit out!

I've also had exactly the same thing and it's put my mind at rest reading this as I've got one at the moment and am a bit of a hypochondriac! Sometimes it can be an ingrown hair, especially if it's on the bikini line but the best thing to do is keep it clean with an antibacterial cream and lance it if it becomes too big or painful. If you squeeze it and produce only blood then hold some tissue on it until the bleeding stops and leave it alone - it should either go down by itself or is just not ready to be lanced yet.

As always - if in doubt go to the doctor, but cysts and ingrown hairs are quite common and go away fairly quickly.

OMG! I just submitted a post on the SAME exact thing.. and you described it SOOO much better.. except I just popped mine and it feels a lot better now.. so I dont know if it was a pimple or a cyst? I didnt know that you could pop cysts... but after reading the other comments I guess you can...

I have the exact same thing right now. I flipped out and ran to the computer to see what it was. I've never had any type of sexual contact, so I was pretty sure it wasn't herpes or anything. It's in the exact same spot and it hurts really bad, so I'm typing this standing up. Good to know it's not cancer. My bump is fairly large, though, like the size of a pea. I'm going to lance it right now.

Thanks!

Oh wow. This sounds really gross when you think about it...

Anyway.

>_<

I have one at the moment, in the same general area that you spoke of. I squeezed it and some white-ish coloured stuff came out. It hurts a lot and when I squeezed it again it started bleeding.

It's not that large but it's really red at the moment.

Any idea if that would just be from being squeezed or... What?

I'm the kind of person that really avoids going to the doctors so I'd rather not ESPECIALLY when it concerns something in that area.

It isn't herpes because I've never had any sexual partners and what's written on this site is really helpful but... Is there anything else that I should know?

oh, so very glad to read this.
i've had one for *months* that was driving me nuts, and now it's swelling and has grown a friend, and i can't get into my doctor for two days and i'm all paranoid trying to figure out what's wrong.
i suddenly can breathe again.

so i feel i little bit better. i notice this pimple like things on my outer inner labia about 2 yrs ago i was able to "pop" it but it was truly painful. Ive noticed that know i have more than 1 and it is very embarrassing. My husband asks me what it was and i didnt know what to tell him. Every time ive gone to the drs i havent said anything. Ive been tested for stds and i dont have anything. What the heck are these things. ADVICE!!!

I have the same thing, only it's on my labia minora, just below where it ends. It is SO painful, and very itchy. I freaked out when I found it, and looked at it and it's the size of a pea, red around but at the end it's white. I have had something like this on the inside of my leg and just squeezed it and pus came out, but I don't know if this is the same thing, and I really don't want to .. injure myself there without knowing if it will do any help. GAH! I wish it would just go away!

Hey, i have just recently had a small lump under the skin of my labia minora. It appeared about 5 days ago and it was quite tender and itchy, it had no head. I was too embarrassed to go to the doctor so i did my own home treatment after researching on the internet and it worked after only 2 days of treating it lol

Ok...so the treatment was a little weird...

I decided i would have a warm/hot bath at night times (usually have a shower) to try to bring it to a head, after my bath i applied some Surgical Spirits (not recommended if the lump is near any hole :-) ) i let it work itself in a bit until i could feel it stinging a little and then i applied some Germoline cream onto it. It certainly worked and after 2 days the lump had shrunk and a pimple kind of head appeared i only squeezed it today and a little bit of yellowy liquid come out very easily which must of meant it was ready to pop anyway.

Sounds weird and horrible i know but it worked for me :-) surgical spirits is a disinfectant so it helps prevent infection and germoline helps healing and stops germs. I don't recommend you put them anywhere near you vagina or rectum as they may cause problems. Luckily my lump was by the hood of my clitoris.

Once the pus did come out i was very scared in case i got an infection so i put surgical spirits on and germoline and i'm sitting here hoping that nothing worse is going to appear :-)

i love this thread, i have the same thing right now and have been wondering what it is...its exactly like the original poster said...i got one last year in the exact same spot too and i remember i popped it and it went away...was thinking of going to the doctors though just to be sure (there is a hassle free sex clinic by my work) i know it can't be anything like a STI as i haven't had unprotected sex and haven't had sex with anyone who has an STI...to my knowledge anyway...but am married now and am hoping to have kids soon so want to be sure its not anything to worry about...great feedback everyone...now the person who said hers is really large...hmmm i think i would go get it checked out...

Instead of painful lancing or squeezing, just use a washcloth. Dip in the hottest water you can stand and hold directly on the cyst. In a short time the cyst will become easier to gently squeeze or it will just begin to drain on its own. I hate these - have one now. Ugh.

Wow! Glad to know that I'm not the only one that gets this type of bump. I usually get one right before my period.. in the same spot. It swells and can be painful to the touch. After a while, I can pop it.. puss type stuff comes out then blood.. but it feels better after and will go away.

Glad to know it's nothing too serious. Is it realy a pimple or is it a cyst?