I had very painfull and swolen breasts for 3 weeks. Went to doctor and he said it was water retension. I had my last period December 2005 and just started again now on 10 November 2006. I am 51 yrs old. What cause the water, is it hormones? Or am i in first stage of menopause? Thank you

Take an extra Vitamine B6 supplement for water retention.It will bring the water down.I have seen the most severe cases of water retention and Vitamine B6 solved the problem.You can also take Evening Primrose oil caps. with it.I am sure of the facts above,so give it a try.I don't know if the following fact is true,but I have heard that it helps to drink more water - if you dont drink enough water your body will hold on to the water that it has[thinking that there is a shortage of water] and so cause water retention.