To start off, I've hard this tiny white bump, that looks like a whitehead, on my lower lip for about half a year now. This all started, I believe, after my cold sore from last summer and it won't go away! I tried avoid picking at it many times, but it keeps bothering me. I picked on it once and it was bloody, but after a while, it heals and grows into a bump again. I might go see a doctor about this, but I just want to know is there anything to do to heal this thing before I consult with a doctor?

Thanks!

PS. I don't believe it is herpes, or any STDs. I am 17.

The condition you describe could possibly be a milium, a tiny, hard white cyst under the skin.  These can occur after skin trauma such as a cold sore or a scratch.  Milia usually don't have an opening to the surface and need to be removed by a dermatologist.

It is difficult to give an exact diagnosis or treatment without seeing and examining the patient.  Please do consult with a dermatologist.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really hoping it's not THAT bad.

Also, I read somewhere online that it is possible to remove this thing on my lip by brushing my tooth brush on it. Is that true?

Thanks again :)

Herpes is true because cold sores are the herpes virus.

I think I'm experiencing the same problem? did it ever go away?

me to! i picked it it bled only blood not puss or anything. did it go away or did you go to a doctor? and how did you make it go away if it did go away? mines been here for about 3-5 months.