I am 49 years old and I have had palps since I was 20. Those palps used to be every once in a great while, but since I entered menopause they have been quite frequent. These palps affect my life in a very negative way, because they are very scary. I have been reading a lot of books on menopause that said increased palpitations and menopause are correlated. I don’t know what to do any more; can anyone tell me if I am the only one with this kind of problem?

I really understand you and what you mean about those palps. I am 53 years old now and I have had them for over 5 years. I have been to ER so many times, and they turned my bed down for me and put a piece of candy on the pillow. I was also been told by many physicians that it is perimenopausal related after having numerous EKG’s and holter monitors. Flip-flops and skipped beats have toned down. Anyway, I have acute awareness of the heart beat at night and when I sitting still that can drive me crazy. Good site to go to has a bulletin board, where woman write in with experiences with palpitations and other concerns. Sometimes these palps can really give you high anxiety, trust me I know that. That is possible to happen even after you have been thoroughly checked out. Also I know a lot of people with this concerns, and off course you are not the only one, and we all have to learn how to live quality with palps.