Lately I have been experiencing palpitations and I suspect they are triggered but aggressive exercises. I have to warm up slowly and take a good amount of time to exercise. If I do some kind of quick cardio, I'll get palps. So, is that what triggers them? Should I quit with exercising for a while?

For me triggers are: caffeine, not enough water, stress, alcohol, exercises, anxiety…..hot baths or hot showers, definitely is serious trigger. But stress and anxiety seem to be the main precursors. Aggressive exercises are definitely triggers for your palps. Please, see doctor about it, and check your blood pressure. It could be serious.

Hello Norrie,

First of all it is very commendable that you are exercising because most of the people don’t take care of their health.

But is seems that you have been overreacting a little bit and palpitations while you are exercising can be triggered by various reasons such as caffeine and dehydration. Be sure that you are drinking enough of water when you are exercising and when you feel that you are thirsty it is essential that you take water immediately.

Also it is possible that you are anxious or nervous about something and you are trying to get rid of bad thoughts by aggressive exercises and this may not be the best way to deal with it. Anyhow, if you continue to experience these it would be smart to consult your doctor.