Hello there.

I had really bad panic attack a couple of days ago. Actually, I had two of them in the row. But they were not attacks like i had before, no. They were different than usual, because this time my hands turned blue and went numb during those panic attacks. I am not really sure what has happened, but I can tell that I was not feeling good during this attack. I was scared, I never had similar experience. 

Anyway, I was wondering do you have problem with it or it just happened to me? What to do? Thx in advance. 

Hello mrs Sick and Tired,

This never happened to me but I have a friend who called me in the middle of the night once and she told me that she was really scared because she just had a panic attack and that her hands turned blue all of a sudden. We went to the doctor together later that day, she didn't want to go alone because she was scared of what the doctor might tell her, but he told her that that sometimes happens to people suffering from anxiety and depression, that it is kind of normal, you know. So don't worry about it.

Hi there,

Well, I had the exact same problem. My hands turned blue, went numb, and my finger nails turned blue as well. I got so scared, I thought I was turning into an alien or something. Well, not really, but I did get very scared and I thought that there was something terribly wrong going on. Later on, when all of that stopped, I found out (on the internet) that the things that happened to me were kind of normal for people who are suffering from panic attacks, as I am, right? So don't worry about it, it is more or less a common thing.

It happens, Mrs Sick and Tired. Not just with panic attacks, there are numerous conditions which can cause your hands to turn blue and go numb. Panic attacks can cause a lot of things to happen, some of which you never thought that could be able to happen. Panic attacks can also cause the same thing to happen to your legs, it can cause your hands to turn cold, it can cause some weird sensations inside your head, it can cause a really, really big number of different things. I wouldn't think about it if I were you, if you can manage not thinking about it.

I am suffering from anxiety and I have panic attacks from time to time but I have never experienced something like my hands turning blue. I think that I would freak out if something like that happened to me. It happened to me once that my finger nails turned blue, I immediately went to see my doctor and he told me that it was a normal thing, caused by my anxiety. But blue hands? I hope I never get to experience that, I think that I would definitely faint. Please don't tell people how these things are normal, because they just can't be normal.

Hello mrs Sick and Tired. Sometimes, that can happen to people who have panic attacks. Sometimes it happens to me as well. My hands and my legs also start to be numb during panic attack, and of course, I am not able to breath anymore. I haven't visit my doctor yet, but I was reading somewhere that this could be a Raynaud's syndrome. I need to tell you that I didn't research nothing about this because I am scared, but tnx God this hasn't happened to me again. I was OK since my last panic attack. So I just want to tell you that this could be this Raynaud's syndrome. Don't do the same mistake that I did, you should definitely go and visit your doctor.

Hey everyone. I really don't know what to do. I have to tell you that I am extremely scared about this whole situation because last night it happened to me again. It has never happened to me in my entire life and when I have those panic attacks I never had problems with my hands. But last night I just couldn't move my hands and I was not able to do anything with them. I was trying to hit them once against the wall, believing that this will go away but it didn't. Maybe I should definitely go and see my doctor. 

Hello people. Thanks God that I don't have problems with this. I don't know how this didn't catch me. I haven't heard about this Raynaud's syndrome that you are talking about, but I have heard similar experiences from the people who were suffering from this. 

Blue colored skin can definitely be a part of it. But also, it doesn't have to be anxiety or panic attacks. There are so many different health conditions that can be associated with blue hands and numbness in your hands. So one doctor once told me that when I am having panic attacks, I need to convince myself that there is no need for me to panic for something. So you should try this as well because it works.