This is scary. Had my parathyroidectomy January 8 and now weigh 150 pds. (Up 15 pds already) Will this ever stop? Why won't doctors admit this is a side affect? I'm one of the lucky ones in that my awful symptoms were relieved by the surgery, but now I know I've traded feeling good for being FAT!

I had surgery 6 weeks ago, and have noticed the same thing. Presurgery I was too exhausted to exercise but for the past four weeks I’ve been working out every day and counting every calorie and I’m up 7lbs. It’s alarming. I wish I had known this was a possible side effect.

Sorry to hear about your weight gain I had surgery 2 years ago and have gained 2 stone in weight

I was told prior to operation that I would lose weight not gain more, feeling very depressed and have had to give all my clothes away size 12 and buy new ones in size 16, I have always been small and
what ever diet plan I do I still gain weight help has anyone found an answer to losing weight I was given 25mg of llevothyroxin but this has not helped I am so down and do not want to do things feeling tired all the time I used to swim but no energy since operation no help from doctors has anyone found a solution to losing all this excess weight.

Has anyone found a way to lose all the excess weight gained since surgery I have gained 3 stone in four years up 4 dress sizes has any one found a weight loss cure I have been offerd a non surgical gastric band non sure what to do will keep you informed has any one had this procedure did they lose weight