Hello there, I am a single mother who is 37 years old. I have 16 years old daughter. I only wish best for her but she can't understand that. I am not sure what can I do to change that. It is really hard to have a teenager. I love her very much but she can be really hard sometimes. Can you help me out?

Well, what can I say? I know that it is really hard to be a single mother with a teenage girl. But all you said is perfectly normal. You should talk with her because being a teenager is not easy as well. Trust me it goes both ways. She probably thinks that life is very hard for her because she has a restrictive mother. Don't be mad at me but I believe it can be like that for her. You should talk with her because you will be able to make a solution together.

I would suggest to wait until the teenager has calmed down and in a happyish mood then talk to her about what troubles you. Start the conversation in a positive manner by praising her about something she has completed or succeeded then continue onto your topic of interest by saying - I love you and I'm really worried about you at the moment etc.....I would suggest to seek as many opportunities to engage in "soft talk" as possible. Try not to react when they tell you things that shock you; it's about keeping them safe until their brain re-enters their body.