I have been having pain in my left breast for quite sometime(for instance, when my boyfriend hugs me closely), this weekend I found a pea size lump that hurts and is hard. I am 48 and my mother is a survivor of breast cancer. Unfortunately I just moved out of state and have no employment nor insurance and am very concerned. Any suggestions?

Hi i2,

As difficult as it is, you need to get this checked ASAP.

Early diagnosis and treatment is imperative, IF it is breast cancer.  We don't know that for sure.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Even if it's difficult, you NEED to get it checked. It's quite likely, being that your mother had it, and you have the hard lump that is painful. Just because there might be a tumor, does NOT mean it's the end of the world or anything. You can always get it removed, and there's is tons of different therapies they can do to get rid of cancer. 

The earlier you get it checked out and diagnosed, the better chances there are. 

Good luck! :)