I am a 28 year old mother and my child is three now. I have been having sharp pelvic pains during the day followed with painful abdominal cramps for several months now. My last period was a little over a week ago. I have always had my period every month like clockwork, 4 days. Never missed one and never had more than one a month. I have been having pelvic pain on my left side, also during intercourse and vaginal bleeding follows. At first it was only a little and pinkish, but over the months it has started to be red with small clots (and not anywhere around my period)and quite a lot after sex. Also sex has become very painful at times. The pelvic pain during the day is so bad at times I can't even stand up. I'm really worried. Is this serious? Thanks for your help, Ginger

Hello Ginger,
I'm no professional. But from my experiences, this sounds like Clamydia or Gonnorhea. I had the same symptoms exactly the way you described them and I got tested. I was positve for Gonnorhea. It's curable and the pain and bleeding will subside as soon as you begin treatment. Do not feel discouraged. Be glad you found it early because that treatment is postponed the higher the risk of permanent damage to your female organs. Take care of yourself, and get that dirty bastard who infected you!

i AM also a 28 yr old mother with a child that is three. For a year now I have had similar symptoms but intense pelvic pain and tender breasts that are not related to my cycle which is like clockwork. I have not been able to get a diagnosis. I have tested negative for all STD's, endometriosis, and tumors??? What else could it be?
Laura

Heya,

This definatley sounds EXACTLY to what I have been going through constantly since Oct of 06.

3 specialists later we decide it could be endometriosis, yet a laprascopy and biopsy later did not show that result, however, did show many burn marks, lesions, fibosis and ovarian & ligament cysts. Now I am on a constant intake of T3s, Naproxen (anti-inflammatory), advil, and sometimes Endocet (oxycodon). Let me tell youthat I am now a zombie, and the pain isnt much decreased and the bowel pains are even more intense.
Get a GREAT ob/gyn and a GI specialist, get everything checked out to be sure, and refuse painkillers till they give you other options. There's no other way to go about it.

I know how much this can affect your home life and your child's life as it has taken a great toll on my 5 year olds attitude, and you need to get it taken care of before it hits that critical point.
Best of luck,

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Ginger, this sounds like you could have an ovarian cyst. This is something that you should get checked out ASAP. I'm having severe pain in my lower right ovary and going to the doctor on Monday.

Best of luck.

I am only 19, but i have already had surgury for hemmorogenal ovarian cycts and endometriosis... it is very common, and the only way to know for sure is to have an exploratory surgery. i highly suggest doing so. if i had not, i would have not been able to have children.
Molly

um..i would say fibroids. i have that also. i am 35. and have a 3 year old. you need to get an ultrasound and see what the options are.