I have been suffering from Chronic Pelvic Pain for the last year and a half. I have seen every specialist under the sun and no one can seem to help me. I have a history of pancreatitis. I have had my gallbladder and appendix out. The pain began my last time in the hospital with pancreatitis in May 2008; I was vomiting and I felt a pop down low in my abdomen. It was excruciatingly painful, but my doctors were more concerned with the pancreatitis. The pain remained for the next several months as a dull ache, almost like period cramps. The pain increased when I did get my period. It was livable until February 2009. I was playing basketball with one of my students when I felt the same pop. I immediately started vomiting and having diarrhea. The pain was so terrible that I called an ambulance. When I got to the hospital they determined it was not pancreatitis and sent me home with painkillers and told me to schedule an appointment with my gynecologist. The pain is centered directly below my navel, and above my reproductive organs. It gets worse during my period, but it never quite leaves. The pain is absolutely the worst when my bladder or bowels are full, right before my period.

I have had CT scans, MRI's, X-rays, blood-work, and a laproccopy, looking for endometriosis or other gynecological issues. My doctors have ruled out endometriosis and intercystial cytoisis. I have seen my gyno, my urologist, and GI doctors. The GI and the Urologist swear it is a gynecological issue, but my gyno swears it is a urology issue.

The pain is so bad sometimes that I cannot get out of bed. I have not been able to have sex. I am a soccer coach and a rugby player; often I feel to ill to train. Whatever this is, it is affecting my life and the rest of my health. I have been very depressed. I want to get better, but no one seems to be able to help me.

Is there any other specialist I can see? Any other condition it could be? Any help would be appreciated.

I am convinced that you may have had a hernia. They usually do not check a woman for that sort of thing and I think it might be a good idea to check into. What do you think? Does that sounds like a good idea?

I am in the same place you were when you wrote this. I am being checked for a hernia. What happened with you? Please let me know if you get this.