Hiya folks,

Came across this thing at Boots: Perfectil platinum skin radiance supplements. £42.99 for 60 tablets. The description has me intrigued: it's for "collagen formation, cell protection and cell division" It's supposed to be awesome for your skin. Also good for nails and hair and made in the UK. 

OK, so there's a bunch of vitamins and minerals in there all formulated to make you look awesome. I've never tried anything like that internally, so I'm considering it despite the steep price. Am I about to waste my dough, folks, or is this something really worth getting? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Yes, Perfectil Platinum Skin Radiance Supplements are expensive but they're made my a reputable and well established company using the best ingredients around, so that price tag is worth it for me. I figured that you get what you pay for and if I was going to try a supplement for beauty, I was going to do it right. Do they magically make me look like a movie star? No, but then again I'm not photoshopped. The effects on my skin and hair, and especially my nails, have been remarkable though and after six months of taking Perfectil Platinum Skin Radiance Supplements I can now say that they really do work. No regrets here.

Oh, thanks!!! I really appreciate your reply. Seems like these are only sold in the UK (???) and that's the reason I didn't get a reply sooner? Yeah, I don't have bad skin or anything and my hair and nails are pretty okay too but I just wanted, you know, something for maintenance? When I saw these I thought, that's cool. When you think it will last for two months it's an okay price actually, cheaper than say contact lenses which I also wear. If it adds to the overall health and beauty of my skin, hair and nails then yeah, I want that. Tell me, do you also take a multivitamin or is this it for you? Do you think it meets your daily needs overall or just for skin?

Tah!

Different strokes for different folks.

I started taking Perfectil platinum skin radiance supplements mainly to visibly look better. I am sure that they are good for me, but month after month, I didn't notice any difference at all in my skin. Since that is exactly why I got them and since they are not a bargain exactly, I'm disappointed. Do the supplements make me healthier internally? I am sure they do because there is plenty in there. Does that inner health shine through as promised though? Not for me.

Oh well!!! I've been doing other things a while and haven't had much time to be online but I did go ahead and bought Perfectil platinum skin radiance tabs in the meanwhile and they just arrived... Sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted out of them and I really hope that I'll see and/or feel a difference at some point. I've got an open mind but appreciate your feedback as well... I won't get my hopes up too much then. I'll let you all know how it goes but I guess it takes time to tell with these things, unlike with a cream or someth., you know? Fingers crossed! Fingers with nice strong looking nails hopefully... ;)

Skin, hair and nail vitamins can work for people who are suffering from issues with unhealthy looking skin, brittle nails or weak hair, but those who don't face those problems do not generally benefit from them. If you do have issues with skin, hair and nails, the vitamins proven to work are:

• Biotin: For people with weak nails and hair
  • Vitamin B complex: For people with acne
  • Omega 3 fatty acids: For people with flaky skin and scalp and people with breakable hair
  • Vitamin E: For people with skin challenges such as acne and psoriasis

I assume most or all of these are contained in the product you bought?

The thing is that vitamins A, C, and E are crucial to skin health. And skin health shows through skin appearance. Guess what? Most of these skin and hair vitamins contain exactly those vitamins in addition to others like biotin which are more for hair and nails. So if the question is whether hair, skin and nail vitamins really offer any benefit then the answer is yes, they can, if your diet is somehow lacking then they can really be a big help. Mind you, you can instead focus on actually consuming through food those same vitamins and that way you will definitely be a lot better off.

Perfectil (the regular one) has made a very clear visual difference to my skin, nails, and hair in addition to causing structural... improvements? For lack of a better term, that is. I started taking Perfectil mainly because my nails were always breaking and peeling, and I no longer wanted to rely on gel nails because I started a new martial art and didn't want to risk breaking my gel nails together with my regular nails. (It happened once and was extremely painful.) My nails are now stronger and no longer peel. My hair is also shinier and my skin, I think, just looks healthier in an unquantifiable way. My hair "sheds" less as well.

HTH