I miscarriage sadly..I was only 2-3 weeks pregnant and it was a very upsetting experience for me. I began miscarrying Feb 11th and I finished bleeding Feb 14th (great day right..sigh) well my levels were a 0 on Feb 14th so the doc said I should begin my period in the next day or 2. and when its done then we can begin trying again if we like.

Anyways it has been about 2 weeks since miscarriage and NO period..My husband and I have been having unprotected since then..and I was wondering when would be the appropriate time to begin testing for pregnancy again? And when should I expect my period?? All I can find is info on ppl who had miscarriages MUCH later in the pregnancy, not 2-3 wks like me.

And I checked my cervix last night and it was WAY up, where I cannot feel it anymore, 3 days ago I could touch it, but only with fingertips and 2 days before that I was able to fully feel it. and its been soft and slightly open.

It was not a delayed cycle...i know that for a fact. my HCG level was 25...and then it fell to a 0 on feb 14th

I was also wondering..if mourning is normal with this type?? Since I never got a ultrasound or even saw my baby, whom was really only an egg and would not have shown up, is it normal?

i don't see why mourning wouldn't be appropriate in sad situation like you have experienced - all the hopes and a possible new life were lost, so no, you don't need any kind of excuses for the way you are feeling. It probably is better for you to give yourself and your body some time to accept this and heal before you prepare yourself for a new baby.
Since the unfortunate miscarriage was this early, I suppose your doctor thought that your menstrual cycle will get to where it was much sooner, but numbers are just that - for most women it can take months before their menstrual cycle restores.

well i was under the impression that once your levels went to 0 then your period would return within a wk or 2?? I thought at least. Mine hit 0 on the 14th which i know becuz i was in the hospital when the blood test from that day came back.

I wasn't 100 percent sure, so I double checked again and from what I've seen, now they even say that first period after miscarriage rarely comes before four weeks after miscarriage. The fact that your Hcg levels dropped to zero only means that there are no more pregnancy hormones present, so that your body will go back to producing hormones that will restart your ovulation and period.

I had a miscarriage on the 17th may 2011 i think i was about 4-5 weeks, the hospital took some blood to check my hcg levels as the ultra sound didnt show anything as too early on, i was meant to go back to the hospital 48 hrs later to have another hcg blood test to see if  my levels were rising but i had a phone call from the midwife to say my hormone levels on the 1st test was 36, because it was already so low they confirmed i had miscarried. I was quite shocked how low it was, it did concern me but they said it was nothing to worry about. Ive had no period yet but i have been having unprotected sex with my partner since, i also only have one ovary and up untill last week i thought i only ovulated every other month but ive ben told thats not the case. I am worried that i will miscarry again and i worry about doing another pregnancy test again.