I'm 22 years old and yesterday I had oral surgery to get my wisdom teeth out. I was given 600 mg Ibuprofen and Lortab for the pain. When I got home, I started my period. I took the Lortab and Ibuprofen and passed out for a little while sitting up on the couch. When I woke up, I didn't too much but lay around in bed. Too much moving would make me nauseated.

As for my period, the flow was pretty normal at first with bright or dark red blood and small globs. I had to change the pad about 5 hours later. Then the flow was quickly reduced down to heavier, bright red spotting (enough for a liner). This morning when I woke up, I noticed I'm still spotting but it's brown and much lighter.

This month my period did come on time according to last weeks trend. Since I took plan B back in February, my cycle has been getting longer and longer by a few days. I'm up to a 42 day cycle now if you don't count this period. It used to be about 35 days. This months PMS symptoms were much more mild. I was less cranky, my week of cramps before my period was much more irregular and lighter, and I began spotting thick, brown mucus the day before my period started. I typically experience breast tenderness before my period, and haven't this month. I'm usually very regular with my periods and PMS symptoms.

My boyfriend and I were intimate on my fertile days, but we used condoms and made sure they didn't break afterward. No breaks to our knowledge. It's been an eventful month because I'm moving into a new apartment, and I was also in the ER a week ago for tearing a toenail off. Wasn't given any medication for it.

So does anyone have any idea what's going on? Did the Lortab or Ibuprofen stop my period? Is it stress? Cycsts? Could I be pregnant? I've had a decreased appetite (which could be from me being exposed to my boyfriend who had the flu or cold a couple weeks ago) and have been urinating often due to the liquid diet I was put on after surgery.

Any input would be great.

Oh, and I should mention that my boyfriend and I always use condoms during sex and check for breakage.

Hi soapy, it sounds to me like the missed period is more based on stress because it sounds like you have a LOT going on in your life right now. Out of curiosity, have you tried taking a pregnancy test yet for peace of mind or are you still waiting to do something like that until later on? Please let me know!

I'm going to see a doctor in about a week when I get back from my trip about birth control pills to help me with the PMDD and to get my cycle regular again. I'll be getting a test then.

I'm updating this just in case someone happens to come across it. It might help.

A week after I asked this question, I took two HPTs and both turned out negative. About a week later I got my period, just as normal as ever. I'm still not exactly sure what happened, but I believe it had to do with stress and the medicine I was taking at the time.

Soapy, I totally agreee with your assessment. Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. I know it can be worrisome not to know where you're at.

Hi Soapy, that's great news! YOu weren't trying to get pregnant, right? I know that stress can cause a lot of weird things to happen to your body so I'm glad you're back to normal. Are you relieved?

hey!
i have also been stressed for the past couple months leaving me period-less for over 6 months.
our bodies just like to trick us out sometimes =]
worrying wont make it any better though trust me.

If you have been without a period for THAT long though I think you should see a doctor. The normal period of time to wait is three months. After that, there may be an issue. Can you see a doctor please? It could bea cyst!