Not sure what is going on with me right now but the last few days, my tonsil on the right side has been swollen and bloodshot looking (viens very aparent) I noticed this bump of skin above my tonsil (in what I have read would be called the "tonsular crypt" ) but thought nothing of it, as I saw an identicle bump on the other side. The other day, I felt something small in my throat and so coughed it up. It looked like a small piece of cottage cheese. I smooshed it in a paper towel and the has the consistancy of cottage cheese as well. Last night, I decided to look at my throat again because I was getting a rather sharp pain. In the back of my throat I found a white mass on the same spot. I pushed on it with a q-tip and a mass of the material came out of the bump. I did it again and even more of it came out. I made sure to retrieve all of it and when I looked at it, it was all the same stuff as before. Since then, I have been checking it every couple hours but there is no more "pus"(?) there is only a crater on the top and bottom where it came out. My tonsil is still swollen. Any idea what this might be?

It's tonsil stones. I get them also. From what I understand, good oral hygiene can help, but not eliminate them. Really, the only "cure" is to remove the tonsils -- but often, with just tonsil stones and no infections, the risks of that surgery outweigh the benefits, and most ENT probably wouldn't do the surgery. I don't think it's all that uncommon though. Good Luck.