I am so frightened because I have noticed bump on my tonsil this morning. This started to hurts me a little bit. It reminds me on large white chunk, and it gives me bad breath and taste from my mouth. I do not have any idea what could it be, so I do not how to solve this problem on my own. Can anyone give me explanation what could it be, do I need to have tonsillectomy?

I have heard for cases when food collects in tonsils. It causes bumps, which are usually white with bad taste and smell. I know these people complain that each time white bump form, it gets larger and larger. My friend has this bump on his tonsils accompanied with hard bump on the back of her tongue. I cannot for sure tell you what could it be, but I know how these people solved their problem. Usually debris from tonsil crypts is removed by water pick and irrigating the tonsils. Do this vigorously with a dilute salt-water solution; I hope it could help you. Sometimes it is possible to become calcified, which is known as tonsillolith. When this problem is causing annoying symptoms, it could be removed in physician’s office. If this does not help, maybe you bump are not caused by food, and then I could recommend you to see a doctor definitely. Maybe this is the first thing I would do, if I were you, he will check you up and solve this problem.

i have same problem but tha bump is not white it it tha same solor as my tonsil

could it be tonsil stones?