Hello. I'm 28 year old mother and I'm pretty worried for my little daughter. She is only 6 years old and recently developed some allergy-like symptoms. I really don’t know a lot about this and that’s why I need some help. You see, about five days ago my husband has bought a little cat and brought her in the house. That was my daughter’s big wish and my husband became her hero after he done this. But he didn’t think about possible bad effects that could cause this. Anyway, yesterday I have noticed that she started to suffer from sneezing and wheezing. Could it be that she suffers from some type of allergy on cat’s hair and what could I do to prevent this?

Hello. I have just read your post and I can tell you that almost the same thing has happened to my son. Of course, we take him immediately to see his doctor and he told us that this isn’t anything serious. The symptoms are the same so I believe that your daughter has developed the same thing. I also thought that the biggest problem is animal hair but my doctor told me that the animal hair is not considered to be a very significant allergen.
Their dander, or skin flakes, as well as their saliva and urine, can cause an allergic reaction. My doctor told me also that if we are unwilling to remove the pet from the house then indoor pets should be restricted to as few rooms in the home as possible and some air cleaner should be used at least four hours a day.