I am 17 and am curious to hear some info about Port Wine Stain-suggest treatment, please. I live whole my life with that thing covering practically my entire left arm form its outer side and covering also part of my left shoulder spreading toward my neck. This condition of Port Wine Stain has really caused me some psychological problem affecting my self-esteem at first place and though in my case it is not the part or symptom whatever of some other medical disorder such as Sturge-Veber syndrome or Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome- I know that Port Wine Stains usually goes with these condition but it is not my case –but for it borders me badly I would like someone suggest me the best Port Wine Stain treatment, please!

My friend solved this Port Wine Stain problem with treatment called dermabrasion and though she needed to repeat this procedure several times the result haven't missed. I remember –for I was going with her and her mom on these treatments-she was first sprayed with some antiseptic in order to freeze her neck and shoulder area where she had this Port Wine Strain and than the practitioner were using some rotary machine like instrument filled with some abrasive and it has on it some brush like that was moving on high speed-in this way outer layers of the skin are being removed. She recovered in a few days after each dermabrasion and I remember she had burning sensation but this sensation disappears on its own and the result is light pinky skin at first time and than after 8 weeks the skin gets almost normal color. During the first months following dermabrasion she was covering this area with some make –up and she must have avoided the sun exposure for the first half of a year. Now she is happy, practically has a new skin.

Through all the readings omline, I believe the best method available now is VBeam treatment (a type of laser). however, it is very expensive. You may want to go www.birthmark.com to read more about it

Hey all,
I'm a producer for a National TV Show. I'm looking for someone with a port wine stain who would like to cover it up but doesn't know how. I'm working on a makeover segment involving someone with a port wine stain. If you or someone you know may be interested please contact me as soon as possible. Interested participants should be older than 21. Thanks & I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

-Dan D.

If you're interested in participating in the makeover,
Thanks!

-Dan

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use