can a birth mark be removed by a plastic surgery without remainina scars?

I have been reading about laser removal of birthmarks and tattoos. I have a very old tattoo that I would like to get rid of, so I did some research on the lasers and the way they work.
First you need to see a plastic surgeon who would perform it of course. S/he will decide if and which laser would be the most appropriate for your problem in particular.
During laser procedure, there are no incisions, and bleeding is reduced.
What kind of birthmarks do you have? For example, port-wine stain birthmarks are taken care of by reducing the abnormal blood vessels that cause these marks. Energy that is beamed from the laser acts trough skin and reduced these blood vessels. Surgeons use the minimum intensity and this is why most of the procedures need to be repeated.
After the laser surgery, you would be all swollen and red and may have to take antibiotics and you won’t be able to have another treatment until you’re all healed. You may see the first results after a months or so.
It is very important that you find an experienced surgeon who will advise you on the right procedure.