I have a 16 year old daughter who has had trouble with irregular periods for along time. Her doctor and I decided to put her on birth control to regulate her periods. She has been oon bc for almost a year. Her last period lasted 3 weeks. The cramping is terrible and headaches also.
This cannot be normal. Please give me some advise....SOON

I'm not 16, I'm 31, but, I too am on birth control and my period has gone on for 3 weeks and I have cramping and headaches that are annoying. I'm seeing the Dr. today for another sonogram becasue apparently I have a cyst on my ovary. I have a history of ovarian cysts. When I was her age, I had an ovarian cyst removed becasue I had the same symptoms (cramping, prolonged periods, headaches). I'm not a Dr. nor am I a nurse, but it seems like I would err on the side of caution and take her to make sure that she doesn't have any ovarian cysts or fibroids (benign 'tumors'). Request a sonogram if they haven't done it already. That's how they found my cysts....both times.