I know that sounds gross, but I have no insurance, no money and a painful cyst or something like that under my armpit that has made it painful enough that I have been taking a lot of over the counter pain meds. This afternoon it popped and it leaked light white pus for a while that progressed to clear slightly red liquid at the end. What exactly is this or what can I do for relief?

My daughter has this same problem. Please advise.

to me it sounds like a boil...a normal and not serious skin condtion that is best take care of with a simple round of antibiotics like Keflex and warm steamy compresses 2 x a day and ice and motrin for discomfort. OR it could also be an infected sweat gland also best treated with antibiotics and possiably a simple procedure called an Incision and drainage...the doctor numbs it with lidocaine and makes a tiny incision so the "pus" can drain ( if it hasn't already)

So this is nothing abnormal for somebody like myself that deals with these things on an everyday basis. Believe it or not i have painful ones all the time ones that any other person would probably go crazy from the pain. I came on this site hoping to get info about how to get rid of these not go to the doctor and get them drained or go on antibiotics, Ive done it all and then some. I have clusters of cysts under my arms and the scar tissue that has formed because of them causes more cysts and I am sick of hearing the same things over and over cant we find a better way to deal with these. I have gone on antibiotics, Ive taken them for way longer then I should have in anticipation that they were doing something for me, and nothing. So heres my question is there anything that I can do besides the obvious draining, or antibiotics?
P.S. I dont just get them under my arms

Sounds to me like you may have hidradenitis suppurativa. If you do...you may require surgery or radiation therapy to get rid of it. There is no cure for this yet--so antibiotics rarely work. Hope this helps. I suggest you go see a dermatologist rather than a reguar doctor, as they specialize in dealing with this. I hope this helps a bit.

Veronica

i also have this problem and have suffer with it for about six years now so if you find something that can help you please post because i'm sickof antibiotics and surgens they dont help

I have this problem. it comes and goes though. Since i go to the gym often its natural for me and other to sweat there; so i think with the deodorant mixed with sweat it will probably create an infection in the pores. Not to sound gross but to relive it i agree with the above posts. Drain it by force by simply squeezing it like you would a zit. It hurts so try to do it when its matured just like you would for a zit. A short term solution because it will come back eventually. do your own research though what i have might not be what you may have.

I had the same problem about 9-10 years ago under my right arm pit it was hugh and very painful .. It was hidradenitis suppurativa I went to specialist and had my sweat glands removed. I have a scar under my pit which I can have plastic surgery to cover. I got tired of going repeatedly to have it cut into and drained.. hope this helps..

I have the same thing but i had green stuff come out with mine and i went to the doctor over and over bc of pain and all they did was cut it open, drug you up, and send you home. Finally they did a culture and it is mrsa. Not contagios mrsa but its in my blood stream!!!!! But i still have the bumps they stay for a little while and then go away but i have learn't to deal with the pain srry i couldnt help anymore than this!!!!

The same thing have on my right armpit i don't know what to do... your doctor what said about that?what kind of ill? there's a way to redress that ill? and really need to cut it open?

omg, I hope you find the answer, I have suffered so long.

Please e me back if you can get a decent answer.

Thanks a million!

Sharon

I have like three or four under my left arm but NONE under my right... but under my left are i have one huge one and a few small ones with no pus.. i have a bandaid over the top of them.. is that alright?

Guest wrote:

Demonkittie wrote:

hi i have the same problem ,and its very very painfull''I use lavender oil I clean it with lemon  myrte soap.tape it  of,had an operation on it get infected straight away thats more then 25 years ago""it stopt a year ago ,and oll of a sudden it came again?i have been told its linkt to hormone issues?operation dasnt help.only it can moost  likely  disapear when in meno pause.?//how are you now??

Hidronitis Suprativa. Look it up I have the same problem. And Hidronitis Suprativa sounds like it might be both our problems.

I have got this lump from many yrs bt painless.few days bak i felt sudden pain in one of my left underarm cyst or may be lump.i ignored it .The vry nxt mrng i had high fever with this cyst paining alot.i saw a surgeon n he recommended a surgery