The study of 369 men, published in the journal Cancer, found that being a regular marijuana user doubled the risk of developing testicular cancer.
Testicular cancer is one of the most common cancers in younger men with no previous studies indicating a link between marijuana and the disease.

Incidence of testicular cancer in Europe and North America is far higher than in some other parts of the world, and has been rising steadily for no apparent reason.

The study from scientists at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle is the first to look specifically at marijuana use in relation to the disease. They studied 369 men aged 18 to 44, who had been diagnosed with testicular cancer and investigated them about their marijuana use.
Their replies were then compared to those from almost 1,000 apparently healthy control subjects.

Even after adjusting the figures to take account of the other known risk factors, marijuana use remained a clear risk factor for testicular cancer. Just being a marijuana smoker seemed to carry a 70% extra risk, while those who smoked it regularly, or had smoked from an early age, had twice the risk compared to those who had never smoked it.

A connection was made to nonseminoma, a fast-growing form of testicular cancer which accounts for approximately 40% of all cases, and tends to strike younger. The study found that the elevated risk of nonseminoma-type testicular cancer in particular was associated with marijuana use prior to the age of 18.

The researchers warn the young men that very little is known about the long-term health consequences of marijuana smoking, and that their study provides some evidence that testicular cancer could be one adverse consequence of marijuana smoking.

The next step for the researchers is to look more closely at cells in the testicles to see if any of them had receptors set up to respond to cannabis chemicals.

Since this study included a relatively small number of men, the results need to be replicated in a much larger study to make any firmer conclusions about whether this is a cause-and-effect relationship, rather than a statistical blip.

This is valuable information for those who smoke marijuana and for those considering picking up the habit. Good job, Lori.

I'm sorry but this is pure BULL and propaganda! If there is any cancer from pot it came from those chemicals the government sprayed paraquat back in the 70’s & 80's to kill pot fields and apparently your test subject smoked. GROW YOUR OWN! I never progressed to any harder drugs and hate Drunk Drivers. You would much prefer to have a stoned and happy person driving next to you than some drunk three sheets in the wind person that can't keep his own life in check yet alone yours.
I am 46, have been smoking pot from 15 years old. Nothing wrong with my nuts and I won't run you over at the crosswalk, we have a tendency to drive SLOWER when stoned as we are in no hurry. I can hold my breath for 1 and half minutes and very healthy. So those test subjects bought tainted marijuana or who knows what drug and because your test can not establish a certain genius of marijuana was pure and not contaminated or even that it has and cancer causing agent in it you are pandering for more of those funds on the “War on Drugs”…please. This is all about to CHANGE.

Get to the point I got a cyst on my sack it's not from pot duh what's it from