HAD A TUBAL ALMOST 9 YEARS AGO, I AM 2 WEEKS LATE STARTING IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 6 WEEKS SINCE LAST PERIOD. COULD I POSSIBLY BE PREGNANT? HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL BEFORE I GET CONCERNED?

Hello! I was reading that pregnancy is possible even though you had tubal ligation and not had reversal. It may happen that the tubes did not “seal” properly and that an egg managed to escape.

Now, it doesn’t have to mean that this is pregnancy. There are many other things that could be messing with your cycle. For example, a hormonal disorder, a cyst on the ovary, thyroid gland disorder, prolonged stress and many other causes.

First thing you should do is have a pregnancy test done to determine if pregnancy occurred. Since you are already two weeks late, every test out there will be able to tell if you are pregnant or not.

If the test shows negative, I reckon you should see a gynecologist to see what’s going on.