My tubes were cut and had clips placed on them when I had my last child 17 years ago. I have had normal periods every month since then. Last month's period was on time but lasted only three days and did not "fade out" like it usually does (it usually lasts for 7 days, too). I am nauseous and have to pee twice as much as normal. I also have a slight pain in the pelvic area (I did that with all three of my preganancies).

Obviously, I will see a doctor soon but was just wondering if anyone has ever known someone who experienced a pregnancy THIS long after tubal ligation? I know it happens but SEVENTEEN years later? o.O

I agree that it is highly improbable. Possible? Sure. If I were you, I would take a home pregnancy test before going to see the doctor.

I know that even with that long a period of time that women have gotten pregnant even with a tubal ligation (frankly, they don't seem to work all that effectively!) so it is a very remote possibility. Let us know what it turns out to be, okay?

I'm 37 had my tubal August will be 13 years ago. Since been ok, then about 7 months been lasting 3 to 4 days normal symptoms. Then this month I started on the 7th and it started brown then pink then red. Lots of pain back and cramping,and still light bleeding. And before I've had nausea for 1week and 1/2 and bloated. Not sure, I read yours and I'm having something similar.

I had a tubal ligation (cauterization) almost 15yrs ago...I've never ever missed a period and have never been so much as a day late or early, EXCEPT when I was pregnant (4 times, 3 children, 1 miscarriage late in pregnancy).  SO, oh my goodness, could it really be that I'm pregnant or is this just onset of menopause?!  JEEZ, I am freaking out.  We just moved our oldest into college last friday!  I can't be pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnancy after a tubal ligation's 17 year its very rare. i think you should consult with your gynecologist.

So it turns out I am pregnant - and not just with one baby - nope, it's three!  My 2nd pregnancy was triplets, but only one made it.  NO fertility drugs whatsoever.  I'm 44yrs old, and I have 3 kids ages 18, 16 and 15.  I had no idea the tubes could reconnect at all, yet alone this far after a tubal ligation.  It's a blessing, of course, but what a surprise!  Long road ahead!  Dreams of an empty nest in three years have just vanished into thin air.  Diapers and bottles for us!  LOL.  Life throws you some funny curves, doesn't it!?  We were going to get a puppy, but that's not happening now!  Hahahaha!  I will surely lose my mind this time around.  Surely!

OMG! I was perfectly willing to accept that a pregancy this late after a tubal wasn't possible! I'm happy for you but I sooo Do not want to be pregnant.

I am 44, had a tubal in June 2002, was tested 6 months ago before I was put on meds for arthritis for mesopause and was negative but stopped takin the meds because they made me feel sick, I am over a week late took a pregnancy test but was negative, I am pretty healthy have arthritis but take no daily meds. Symptoms I am having seem like pregnancy vaginal wetness bloated tired but can't sleep weight gain hungry but don't want anything lower back pain short of breath headaches. No vaginal dryness no nausea no pelvic pain. So what is it the change or pregnancy or something else I also don't have insurance at this time HELP! Oh I am also married have been for 25+ years and faithful and have had two live births an one DNC due to its heart stopping.

First, take a deep breath. Wait 2 weeks and then take another pregnancy test. Take it from there.

This post is of a personal nature, detailed with information that many may consider TMI, but wanting others input and thought as to what it may have been, so here goes......in October my monthly was about 3-4 days late, during those 3-4 days I had cramping like my monthly, I thought about taking a pregnancy test but then thought, nah I've been fixed, can't be that. Novembers monthly was short and light but back pain and cramping was bad for one day....then December rolled around and it started on the 20/21 (overnight), usually it lasts 2 1/2 - 3 days...should have ended the afternoon of the 24th....the cramping and back pain was bad enough that I was living on pain pills, the evening of the 24th hubby an. I had intercourse and when he pulled out, blood gushed out like a pregnant woman whose water just broke (having 5 kids I know that feeling)....for the next 2 hours I bled so much I would go through super size tampons in 15-20 minutes......bright red blood with clots, a lot of abdominal pain and lower back pain...so much so I ended up in the ER. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do doctors unless I feel like I am on my death bed!! All they did was check for rips or tears and sent me home since the bleeding had gone down to moderate.....the bleeding finally stopped completely on the 27th. Now I'm still a bit freaked out wondering what happened and why now I feel so empty ( physically and emotionally)....I feel (and look) as though I've lost weight and emotionally I'm a mess and don't know why......anyone have any ideas?!?!? Could this have been a miscarriage?!?!?

This sounds very much like a miscarriage. Call your primary care physician (or ob/gyn, better yet). You should be examined again.

Unfortunately I do not have insurance or a primary doctor.....when hubby started working it put us over the limit for state insurance and can not afford private insurance

There are free clinics pretty much everywhere these days. If you're looking to find out for sure what happened, it's a good idea to seek a medical professional's opinion. Family Planning is one such resource.

Found an OBGYN that will take payments but don't go till the 20th......the feeling empty or lighter isn't just a feeling, have lost 11 lbs in a week.....not good!! Appetite has not changed either!! Getting more worried by the day!!