So...I am 31 years old and I had a tubal done two and a half years ago. I have been having symptoms of pregnancy...tender breasts, darkening areolas, mild cramps, frequent urination...you name it I'm experiencing them. I have two children 7 and soon to be 4. I spoke with my obgyn and was told to take a pregnancy test. It came back negative. Was told to take another one in 2 Weeks. Is it possible to be pregnant after having cauterization done and having an ovary removed? If it is so I'm ok with it, but I'm worried it may be ectopic.

Hi Worried,

Possible yes, likely no.

Sometimes after having a tubal ligation they do "reattach."  Often though there is a lot of scarring and you'd be at increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy.

You have two ovaries.  Removing one does not make you infertile.

Retest again in two weeks.  If you are pregnant it should test positive by then.  You MUST use your first morning urine when you test.  Use a name brand test as well.

Good luck.