I got a tubal ligation done over 10 yrs ago, after my second daughter, in recent days my husband and I have been dicussing having that procedure reversed, however, my period is approximately 3 days late, and no sign of coming? Should a take a test or wait? Can pregnancy happen after this long?

I wish I could help you. I am going through the same thing only I have missed 2 periods now. I have found research that suggests the longer it has been since the tubal ligation, the higher the failure rate. I had my tubal ligation 10 years ago on September 4th.

This reply is very late I would expect. I am not sure which type of surgery was perfromed? Or how has it gone so far? My Aunt, at the age of 40 discovered she was pregnant 8 yrs after her surgery! That was a while back. She and my uncle had a healthy baby boy and couldn't be happier with the suprise.

Hello Ladies,
I had my tubal 11 yrs. ago (this April 21, 2007, it will be 12 yrs). I had my tubes cut and tied. Now at the age of 38, I am having all the symptons of pregnancy. I have been reading that after 10 yrs or more the body has a way of healing itself from a tubal ligation.