Guest wrote:

i had a tubal ligation done while i was still in the hospital after giving birth to my son 6 months ago...and i started my period when he was about 2 months old..everything was going like normal but now i havent had my period since feb. 14th. Could i still get pregnant even after the tubal, or could something else be wrong?

Hi! It is actually not normal to miss a period after tubal ligations because you still have your ovaries and they are still producing eggs that dissolve and are absorbed by the body.

Considering you had normal cycle just two months after delivery I don’t think that breastfeeding would have interfered now (if you are breastfeeding at all) and I would have it checked if I were you.

It may happen that tubal ligation fails and that a woman gets pregnant. However, the pregnancy is almost always ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. This means that it doesn’t occur in uterus but elsewhere and fertilized egg cannot develop elsewhere. This kind of pregnancy can be fatal. This is why it is important to report this event to your gynecologist. Other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are vaginal spotting and pain in low abdomen.

Why is everyone saying that a pregnancy after a tubal ligation is almost always ectopic. My OBGYN, as well as numerous websites, say normal pregnancies are more often than not. While your risk is higher for an ectopic, it doesn't mean it is always that way.

During my c-section surgery, the doctor did a tubal ligation When my baby was about 6 weeks old, I had my first normal period that lasted 2 weeks, then it quit for 1 week then started again for a few days. Now- 3 months later- I haven't had a period since. Is this normal?

What ever happen to that guest? Was she pregnant after all....
I'm kind of worried that I'm 2 weeks late and I also had a Tubal six months ago.

well I had my tubes burned back in 2000. and I can go months without a period, 2 or 3 moths actually. then I get one. I've been to the Dr. I'm not pregnant and they do not see any cause for alarm. I always wondered if other go through that

Same here i thought something was wrong .. im not too sure which procedure they used for me is there a way to tell? other than getting med records? btw my tubal was done in 2000 2 weeks after my daughter was born.

Ya my I had my daughter almost 4 months ago had my period the 2nd month and havnt had it since but I had them cut tied n burned... Is it normal not to have a period.... Im also getting alot of pain in my abdominal.. but not everyday like it is in my left of my abdominal area!! Any advice?

I had my tubal ligation in 2005 when my daughter was 2. My period is two weeks late and I feel nausea and the ab pain I did when I was pregnant . Could I be ?

I had the procedure almost 9 months ago and had what I believed at the time to be a period right after she was born, but none since and I stopped breast feeding when she was about 3 months old when i went back to work and I'm still producing milk should i be concerned?

i had my 2nd child 12 weeks ago via c-section and had my tubes tied at that time, i haven't had a period since, really worried, my abdomin is really tender, but it has been, no other symptoms of pregnancy... just wondering if it is normal to go a very long time before your first period, i haven't breast fed in 6 weeks either!!  thanks

I have a son who is 3yrs old, I just reciently had my tubes tied along with a balloon ablation procedure done. I have had 2 periods at normal dates (on time) this month I only feel the symptoms of what would be a period but not having one.... should i be concerned of a ectopic pregnancy? or is this normal due to the fact of the ablation part is to cause me very lite periods.??

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I got my tubes tied in 2oo8 and now mine are late a week - no symptoms of pregnancy but hoping they will come cause its supposed to work

i am 38 and i had a tubal done in 1999 and i missed my perid so could i be pregnant or could it be something else i don't no what to do i have always had normal one each month sence i had this done i need some advice