i recently just went to planned parenthood found out that im 4-5 weeks pregnant. my choice is to get an abortion and im so scared and nervous cause i don't know what to expect. i want to be put under fully with ansteshia but i don't know if they do that with an abortion. i dont want anyone judging so if you have anything negative to say. save it i just want advice.. i don't want to go through with pregnancy because im not ready for kids im only 20 i have my whole life ahead and im not raising a child with out a father its not fair. i went through and i refuse to put another human through it. did anyone have an abortion 4- 5 weeks and if so what happened afterwards and during? did you feel anything? etc?

I personally did not for obvious reasons but my partner did, when she was carrying a child (someone else's) and felt the way you do about the following twenty years.

I can tell you that, while I will not minimise the emotional impact and questions - those ultimately are for you to resolve, and you are quite clear about your unwillingness to bear a child right now - the actual medical procedure was handled with no more fuss than a dental visit.

That is not to belittle the process, but simply to say that any hollywood horror story that might be in the back of your mind, the actual process is clearly not traumatic in and of itself.

I leave it to others to provide first hand accounts, but I hope that may be a little reassuring.

I have had an abortion. You can read part of my "story" from this forum... the title is: 4 wks after an abortion and still have a live fetus. My story is a lil abnormal, but I had a surgical abortion. I wanted to go under full sedation, but they are really expensive. I will say that it isn't horrible. I did drive my self home, a 2 hour trip, after the second ordeal. While the procedure was happening, it did feel really uncomfortable, like horrible period cramps. Where I went, they did give you some medicine to relax you. Just try not to like about it. Stare at the ceiling and think happy thoughts. I know it sounds ridiculous, but if you focus on it, it will be worse. Since you aren't that far along, it won't be as bad. It is a good idea to have a friend go with you, also to have someone to talk to. It has been over a year since mine and I do still think about it, but I know that it was for the best. I still get on this website, because it is nice to hear that you aren't the only one. Plus I think it helps me to explain certain things to women like yourself. I didn't have that. I did have my boyfriend for support, we are still together, but we don't talk about it. It's a tough subject, so I would rather get on here and help others. Hope everything turns out alright for you. Hope this helped a little. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Just think positive thoughts!!